Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education (PSHE) is given a high priority at Kennall Vale School. We recognise the importance of supporting our children as they prepare for the next stage in their education and beyond as they mature into young citizens facing new and exciting challenges. In order to keep safe children need to learn how to make good and well considered choices.
Our Sex and Relationships policy: Sex and Relationships Policy 2016
At Kennall Vale School pupils:
- Will attend regular assemblies which are broadly Christian, in line with statutory guidance.
- Will take part in a class assembly twice a term
- Partake in Circle Time activities designed to encourage respect for oneself and others and to raise self-esteem
- Learn about how to stay safe when using a range of media including computers and mobile phones
- Will learn about the dangers of substance and alcohol abuse (age appropriate and in line with the National Curriculum)
- Take part in the Forest Schools scheme designed to encourage an appreciation of the environment
- Guests/visitors with specific areas of expertise – for example firefighters, police